[wp-hackers] add_menu_page et al. use deprecated user levels

Austin Matzko if.website at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 21:00:37 GMT 2006

Unless I'm missing something, it seems even in the latest nightly one
is forced to use the old user-level syntax when adding menus to the
admin control panel and using functions like add_menu_page,
add_options_page, etc.

Wouldn't it be better if we could pass a role or capability--instead
of just an access_level--as an argument to functions like
add_menu_page?  That way all and only those that have, say,
"forum_moderator" capability could access their own menus,
independently of their overall WP roles.