[wp-hackers] 2.next Feature Request

Roy Schestowitz r at schestowitz.com
Thu Mar 2 06:01:06 GMT 2006

_____/ On Wed 01 Mar 2006 20:55:33 GMT, [Dave Grijalva] wrote : \_____

> On 3/1/06, Aaron Brazell <aaron at technosailor.com> wrote:
>>
>> I realize that this does not affect everyone - in fact it only affects
>> those
>> of us who do mass installs of WP.  I'd like a wp-unattended.ini file that
>> most, if not all, of the options could be set via the file for automated
>> installs and then, for security, WordPress will not function outside of
>> the
>> install while the file exists (it must be deleted post-install).
>>
>> This will make configuration of WordPress much easier on an automated
>> level
>> though it will only be beneficial to a handful of us, I think.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>
> I's an interesting concept, but it could probably be made as a plugin. All
> of settings, save the db connect info, are saved in just a couple tables. I
> can't see any reason why a plugin couldnt export/import these settings.

This  doesn't  sound like a WordPress plug-in per se. It sounds like  what
you  need a peripheral file and a hook to 'grab' it. Why not just copy the
contents  of one database onto another, either in full or in part? I  have
used this approach to instantiate cutomised, identical Wikis at ease.

Best wishes,

Roy