[wp-hackers] Hello Noobie!

Francis Reyes Francis.Reyes at colorado.edu
Thu Jun 29 12:31:23 GMT 2006

On Jun 29, 2006, at 5:55 AM, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> ___/ On Thu 29 Jun 2006 09:02:06 BST, [ Andy Skelton ] wrote : \___
>
>> I don't mean to revive some old discussion about whether we should
>> remove Hello Dolly from core. Opinion on that will be off-topic on
>> this thread. Rather, I want to discuss an alternative set of lyrics.
>

> I quite likd(d) Hello Dolly, but I must admit that it is/was
> impractical.  It  serves/ed as a good template  for  plug-in
> creators  nonetheless. We'll always have Matt's Jazz  Quotes
> page, even if it gets dropped from the trunk distribution...

Agreed. Hello Dolly was very important for me to understanding how
the plugin system in WP works, particularly add_action() and the idea
of plugin hooks ('admin_footer', 'admin_head'). Perhaps it would have
been nice to have an example of add_filter() as well.

FR

Francis Reyes M.Sc.
215 UCB
University of Colorado at Boulder

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 67BA8D5D

8AE2 F2F4 90F7 9640 28BC  686F 78FD 6669 67BA 8D5D