[wp-hackers] Hello Noobie!

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 08:02:06 GMT 2006

I don't mean to revive some old discussion about whether we should
remove Hello Dolly from core. Opinion on that will be off-topic on
this thread. Rather, I want to discuss an alternative set of lyrics.

Replace the Broadway kitsch with WordPress tips for new users and
activate the plugin during installation. Benefits are too obvious to
list. If it buzzes in somebody's bonnet, deactivation is two clicks
away. Translation will spread the benefits even wider.

I've started a wiki page to collect tips:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Tips

If this page fills up with short, helpful nuggets of advice or
information I'll remix the plugin and we can try it out on new users
by posting a download link in the forums.

Andy