[wp-hackers] Re: wpblogmail fails when mail contact

Scot Hacker shacker at birdhouse.org
Tue Jun 27 06:34:59 GMT 2006

On Jun 26, 2006, at 11:14 AM, David Chait wrote:

> all plugins are included any time wp is loaded up

OK, I can work with that. As least that explains *why* it's being
called.

> This is why when people ask if they should directly include WP in
> order to
> show recent entries on a home page or something, I tell them to use a
> caching feed-aggregator script, as including WP has a ton of
> overhead even
> if only looking at code loaded... ;)

Hmm... well, this only runs for two seconds, once a week. But using
Magpie or similar for this is definitely an interesting possibility.
Except I'm not sure how I'd keep track of what's already been sent
without record IDs coming from the database. Would probably be OK for
weekly runs, but would be overkill to send full feeds for people
using it for daily runs. But it's an interesting approach, thanks.

Sam said:

>>> Do you still get them if you don't 'echo $header;' until *after*
>>> including wp-blog-header.php ?
>>
>> Yep, tried that - same problem :(
>
> Is it the exact same error? Because, FWIW, that fixes it for me.
> There's nothing else being output before wp-blog-header is included,
> not even whitespace?

D'oh! I think I just found the problem - yep, a bit of output where I
didn't know I had any. Working neatly now.  Thanks for the kick in
the pants everyone.

./s