[wp-hackers] Re: wpblogmail fails when mail contact plugins present

David Chait davebytes at comcast.net
Mon Jun 26 16:43:37 GMT 2006

all plugins are included any time wp is loaded up -- it is up to the plugins
to 'decide' whether or not to execute (i.e., I have some that turn
themselves off when the page loading is under wp-admin/).

Process goes something like:

wp-blog-header.php
-> wp-config.php
-> wp-settings.php
-> setup wp caching stuff
-> twenty other files...
-> all plugins
-> setup query and rewrite objects
-> init main object, parse the request, send headers, run db query for
posts...
-> template-loader.php

This is why when people ask if they should directly include WP in order to
show recent entries on a home page or something, I tell them to use a
caching feed-aggregator script, as including WP has a ton of overhead even
if only looking at code loaded... ;)

-d