[wp-hackers] modify or extend wp-login.php form within plugin

Alan J Castonguay alan at verselogic.net
Mon Jun 26 16:24:01 GMT 2006

Now that I've thought about the problem a lot more, it seems that, in
lieu of the requisite hooks, Output Buffering is by far the best
solution. And it's unlikely that any future revision of wp-login's
output will lack the text '</form>' any time soon, so it'll be fairly
resilient.

In contrast, wp-register lacks any unique actions or filters, so I'm
stuck doing a compare like ($_SERVER["PHP_SELF"] == '/wp-register.php')
to output buffer and alter its form.

--
Alan J Castonguay