[wp-hackers] Re: Preferred method of fetching remote webpage?

David Chait davebytes at comcast.net
Thu Jun 22 16:58:48 GMT 2006

No, it's obvious he just strips the headers.

I too wrote my own retrieval library -- underlying CG-FeedRead and CG-Amazon
(and upcoming projects...) -- targeting quick XML fetches.  And yes, I dealt
with the various redirect and other header codes.  After using built-in PHP
stuff for a while, that then broke on some hosts, then trying one or two
libraries, which didn't always work, I wrote my own -- just easier at that
point. ;)

If you're only concerned with WP, definitely use WP facilities.  I've
written general-purpose solutions, thus didn't want to 'rely' on a given
platform's includes. :)

-d