[wp-hackers] Preferred method of fetching remote webpage?

Rob Miller r at robm.me.uk
Thu Jun 22 12:48:30 GMT 2006

Viper007Bond wrote:
> I've been using this bit of code in a plugin I wrote:
>
> http://viper007bond.pastebin.com/724979
>
> However, should I be using Snoopy or something for this? I mean, is
> there any drawback to using fsockopen?
>
> -Viper

Snoopy itself just uses a socket and creates its own HTTP request, so
the only thing "wrong" with doing that too is that you'd be reinventing
the wheel somewhat.

If you don't mind the extra effort then it's fine - there are no
portability or performance issues, at least none that wouldn't also
apply to Snoopy.

--
Rob Miller
http://robm.me.uk/ | http://kantian.co.uk/