[wp-hackers] Help with redirect rule

Chris Williams chris at clwill.com
Wed Jun 14 18:26:38 GMT 2006

Sure, sorry.

Yes, I deliberately put index.php in my permalinks.  I did that on the
advice of the codex, and I don't mind it... My permalink code is:

	/index.php/%category%/%postname%/

You are right, that link you had in there is how my links work.  I'm OK
with the index.php in there, I really don't care about truly pretty
is (is going to be) on my site will not be the blog, and I want date to
be irrelevant.  That's why I don't have a traditional blog's date code
as part of the permalink structure.

My full .htaccess file is:
-----
ErrorDocument 404 /index.php?error=404
# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>
# END WordPress
# RedirectMatch permanent (.*)index\.html$ $1index.php
-----

Obviously the last line is commented out for testing.  I've had it
before and after the WP rewrite rules, but the order doesn't effect it.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Chris