[wp-hackers] Hack to prevent 404s

Brian Layman Brian at TheCodeCave.com
Wed Jun 14 15:49:48 GMT 2006

Yes, thanks Guru. I saw that, downloaded it, and sent him an email about
the typo on his download page. But that plugin does something, well not
quite opposite of what I want, but different.

It takes the links that are already near the approved permalink
structure and forces them to exactly match it.  As the plugin
description itself says:
"This plugin ensures that pages and entries are always accessed via the

That's not what I'm gunnin' for.  My plugin is more:
"This plugin allows WP to accept old permalinks and redirect them to the
current permalink structure."

I'll have to call mine something completely different though to make
sure there is a distintion.  I'm thinking 'No More 404!'.  I can even
edit one of those sign carrying smilies and make a nice icon for it...
;)