[wp-hackers] TinyMCE issues

Viper007Bond lists at viper007bond.com
Mon Jun 12 08:05:07 GMT 2006

So, I'm writing a plugin to make buttons to insert YouTube and Google
Video videos into your posts. I'm doing it via ButtonSnap and it works
fine for the non-WYSIWYG editor.

Here's an example generated code snippet:

<object style="width: 425px; height: 350px"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
data="http://www.youtube.com/v/hl2UUunlI2Q"><param name="movie"
value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hl2UUunlI2Q" /><param name="wmode"
value="transparent" /></object>

The problem is that when I put that into TinyMCE, it totally screws it
up by adding line breaks:

<object style="width: 425px; height: 350px"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
data="http://www.youtube.com/v/hl2UUunlI2Q">
<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hl2UUunlI2Q" />
<param name="wmode" value="transparent" /></object>

Before I resort to using a placeholder (like
[youtube]hl2UUunlI2Q[/youtube]) at least for TinyMCE, is there way I can
stop it from doing that? I just wanted to make this plugin a button
generator rather than a dynamic replacer. :/

- Viper

Website: http://www.viper007bond.com/
AIM: Viper007Bond
MSN: msn at viper007bond.com