[wp-hackers] Introduction + Mac-specific pointer

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Mon Jun 5 22:45:33 GMT 2006

On Jun 5, 2006, at 1:47 PM, Daniel Jalkut wrote:

> Hi everybody, my name is Daniel Jalkut and I'm just getting my feet
> wet with WordPress hacking.  I spend most of my time doing Mac
> desktop software engineering.

Welcome!

> I had been wondering for a long time where the "developers hangout"
> was for WordPress, so I hope I've found it.

We have a lot of discussion here about the general direction of
WordPress and best-practice and sharing of tools.  But #wordpress on
Freenode is where we really "hang out."  Stop by!

>  To facilitate better understanding of the technical side of the
> project, and to put my mind at ease about updating my site with
> latest public releases, I've put together a pretty comprehensive
> set up where my live web site and local Mac share access to a
> repository with several working copies of the WordPress sources in
> them.
>
> If you're working on WordPress from a Mac, you might find my blog
> entry detailing this setup and integration with Apple's Xcode
> interesting:

That's really cool!  I'm definitely going to try that out.  Looks
like you're jumping into WordPress development with both feet, which
is great.

--
Mark Jaquith
http://txfx.net/