[wp-hackers] WordPress 2.0.3 Tuneup Plugin

Computer Guru ComputerGuru at NeoSmart.net
Sat Jun 3 10:43:09 GMT 2006

I don't really see the national holiday as being the reason, I think the
biggest and most important change you could make to be sure it gets
attention is make a dev blog post about it, so that *every single* WP
Blogger sees it in their Admin CP, give them 2-3 days, then release. We're
in no hurry to get the versions out, after 60 days 2 more won't matter. A RC
is stable enough for the majority of bloggers that know how to upgrade to
test it out, many people don't bother with mailing lists, but nevertheless
_would_ enjoy or appreciate testing an RC.

Computer Guru
NeoSmart Technologies
http://neosmart.net/blog/

-----Original Message-----
From: wp-hackers-bounces at lists.automattic.com
[mailto:wp-hackers-bounces at lists.automattic.com] On Behalf Of Stefano
Sent: Saturday, June 03, 2006 1:19 PM
To: wp-hackers at lists.automattic.com
Subject: Re: [wp-hackers] WordPress 2.0.3 Tuneup Plugin

On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 06:35:15 +0100, Roy Schestowitz <r at schestowitz.com>
wrote:

>Ryan  announced the availability of a candidate on the 31st of May,  IIRC.
>This  was  posted  to  wp-testers, but there  was  no  apparent  response.
>Therefore, I doubt many people bothered to 'knock' on it.

MAybe people doens't have time to test it immeaditly, here in italy the 2 of
june was a national holidays, the weeknd was close.. it's quite summer.. all
this could justify that people will take some days to test it etc.

Passiong from beta to release in one day after is not a beta test period is
just a joke.... if the problem was the security issue recently appeared
better to releasse a patch with only the 2 or 3 modified files than a whole
new release.

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it