[wp-hackers] Development Process

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 14:58:42 GMT 2006

On 7/27/06, Doug Stewart <dstewart at atl.lmco.com> wrote:
> This might be slightly orthogonal to the current discussion, but I think
> the overall flow of the conversation points to a huge, HUGE feature that
> WordPress and WP users alike would benefit greatly from: a unified,
> OFFICIAL plugin update mechanism.

Sure, in this case, it may have helped (and may still help), but I
think this recommendation is too specific to this particular event.
When this thread was written, I still didn't know the details of this
vulnerability, and now its obvious that knowing the details are
changing the way people look at the situation, but imagine for a
minute that this vulnerability was a 100% core issue, and we had
people from our own community publishing articles on how to exploit it
so that "lazy developers will fix their software". Obviously,
something's wrong with that picture.

--
--Robert Deaton