[wp-hackers] wp-mail.php with equal sign

Sam Angove sam at rephrase.net
Thu Jul 27 10:59:30 GMT 2006

On 7/27/06, Erwin Kodiat <milis at terong.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I upgraded to version 2.0.3 and still it happens. All posts are wrapped at
> certain number of lines and at the end, the script adds = (equal sign) or
> sometimes =20 (equal sign, two, zero). I posted this to support forum
> http://wordpress.org/support/topic/80774?replies=1 but no reply so far

Hi Erwin,

It's probably related to this ticket:

  http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2460

The "=" signs are just quoted-printable encoding; it isn't decoded
when it should be. You might be able to fix it with a plugin, but I'm
not sure if it'll work (and if not, you'll have to wait for a fix in
the core):

    <?php
    /*
    Plugin Name: Quoted Printable Decode
    Plugin URI: http://wordpress.org/
    Version: 1.0
    Author URI:
    */

    add_filter('phone_content', 'quoted_printable_decode');
    ?>