[wp-hackers] Critical WP Flaw?

John Ha khanh at netspace.net.au
Thu Jul 27 08:13:56 GMT 2006

---- Original Message ----
From: Ryan Boren
To: wp-hackers at lists.automattic.com
Sent: Thursday, 27 July 2006 5:32 PM
Subject: Re: [wp-hackers] Critical WP Flaw?

> Computer Guru wrote:
>> http://unknowngenius.com/blog/archives/2006/07/26/critical-announcement-to-all-wordpress-users/
>>
>> What's this about?
>
> Some plugins don't check caps as they should.  Note to plugin authors:
> WP doesn't check capabilities for you.  Entry points to your plugin
> need
> to be guarded by a cap check.
>
> Ryan

Are there any particular plugins we should keep an eye out for?

John

--
--------------------- [ SECURITY NOTICE ] ---------------------
To: wp-hackers at lists.automattic.com.
For your security, khanh at netspace.net.au
digitally signed this message on 27 July 2006 at 08:13:54 UTC.
Verify this digital signature at http://www.ciphire.com/verify.
---------------- [ CIPHIRE DIGITAL SIGNATURE ] ----------------
Q2lwaGlyZSBTaWcuAjh3cC1oYWNrZXJzQGxpc3RzLmF1dG9tYXR0aWMuY29tAGto
YW5oQG5ldHNwYWNlLm5ldC5hdQBlbWFpbCBib2R5AOMBAAB8AHwAAAABAAAAwnXI
ROMBAACkAwACAAIAAgAg8VGtcvYHOvWkCvgOMX2lA8lp65NgG+XmR5CoW8On08gB
ABh9ddIwqVYrJzb+YRTkO3r9j+q978iHOOe1FIMyNojdJifTvO7VN8BfP8H44JT/
gOc2FzDvHAUIfEPC4LVYyTjXU2lnRW5k