[wp-hackers] Future Posting Fix Request

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Sat Jul 22 10:49:15 GMT 2006

> Its not the blog owner that has to wait, though. It is an unsuspecting
> end user, who can be hit with 20-60 second wait times. Just search the
> WP support forums for problems with posting taking a long time.

I'm going to go _really_ off topic here, but _there_ are fixes for that, and that _is_ one plugin that should be incorporated as a WP fix in 2.1.

I completely forgot about this issue because I have this wonderful plugin installed, and though I ping 6 different RPC servers (the really slow pingomatic included!), posts take no time at all:

Whaddya know! You're the author of this plugin, Robert! http://somethingunpredictable.com/wp-no-ping-wait/

So, yeah, thanks for writing it :D, and if this is implemented in WP 2.1, the issue your talking about above _won't_ exist, and end users will (not) notice _milliseconds_ publish times.....

Seeing as you’re the author you should know that =P

Computer Guru
NeoSmart Technologies
http://neosmart.net/blog/