[wp-hackers] SVN Downtime

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Wed Jul 19 14:16:59 GMT 2006

I always use trunk :-D (well, ever since 2.0 came out)

Once a week or so I have to manually hack a PHP file to comment out a line or fix something, but it's OK for the most part.
I make my living on the bleeding edge (testing alpha programs, scripts, and operating systems for NeoSmart Technologies), so I'm used to things going belly-up on me.

I customized NST's WP-Cache, it now has 'snapshots' of different times, so if the PHP goes bad in an SVN upgrade, I just tell WP-Cache to use the 'static' code from earlier time for that particular page - but I don't have to do that too often.

I don't know if anyone said it before, but the devs do a great job keeping the SVN 'running' at the bare minimum ;-)

Computer Guru
NeoSmart Technologies
http://neosmart.net/blog/