[wp-hackers] phps for plugins

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Mon Jul 17 23:18:01 GMT 2006

I’m finally getting around to doing what I’ve always wanted, and that’s churning out the plugins.

My webserver supports the phps extension as highlighted php code. It takes the PHP and formats it as colored HTML. You can copy and paste the code just fine to a new document to create your plugin.

Now my question is, is this the ‘preferred way’ or is it more preferable to save it as plain-text files that can be downloaded straight to the plugins directory?

For example, http://neosmart.net/downloads/software/WordPress/Plugins/CompleteRSS.phps

It’s a _lot_ easier on the eyes, but if anyone were to save the target and upload, it wouldn’t work since it’s formatted HTML, not PHP.

What’s the right way?

Computer Guru

NeoSmart Technologies <http://neosmart.net/>

http://neosmart.net/blog/