[wp-hackers] IRC Problems

Joey B tunicwriter at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 00:50:51 GMT 2006

On 7/16/06, Ryan Duff <ryan at ryanduff.net> wrote:
> I used to be in the forums alot as well as on #wordpress and the mailing
> lists.. since the meetup where we fought over ops and he still declined
> to do anything about it... I have pretty much dropped myself off the
> map. From what I've read in the forums and the mailing list, I know
> there are others that have taken similar actions and removed themselves
> from the community.

As do I. It's ridiculous. We're losing people in droves; very good
people, at that (both in personality and contribution). It's an IRC
channel, Ops are needed *and* expected (I've seen many people come in
and wonder where the ops are). If you don't care, Matt, then hand the
reigns over to someone else and let it be what it is. If not, appoint
a few ops. It's not hurting you or anyone else to do so.

> Previously we have gone through the issues of how to pick people and how
> it will work... please solicit 5-10 long-time active participants in
> #wordpress and see if they will volunteer. I know most aren't around all
> the time, but if you get a group of 5 that agree, someone should be
> active at most times.

+1

--
Joey Brooks
Milk Carton Designs || milkcartondesigns.com