[wp-hackers] Close old comments and pingbacks: feature or plugin?

Justin Moore wantmoore at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 12:24:19 GMT 2006

On 7/14/06, Roy Schestowitz <r at schestowitz.com> wrote:
> Hey,  Guru. Love your new posting style! Chetan, I am having
> exactly  the same problem as that which you describe. I also
> read  your  items  which explain how to  disable  everything
> through  phpmyadmin  and I consider doing so myself. Even  a
> CAPTCHA  filter  no longer works, after over year  of  being
> highly  effective.  I threw away Spaminator quite some  time
> back  and  I suggest you try Spam Karma 2. I only ever  hear
> good things about SK2. Akismet likewise, but I believe these
> two interfere with one another (if not totally collide).

Seems like there are conflicts with SK2 and the Automattic Akismet
plugin, but why not just get the best of both worlds:
http://www.sebbi.de/archives/2005/10/31/spam-karma-2-akismet-plugin-beta/

I've not used it personally, so I have no idea if it still works.

What's the world coming to when our plugins have plugins of their own? Wow.

--
Justin Moore
aka wantmoore