[wp-hackers] hooks on the Loop

Dan Kuykendall dan at kuykendall.org
Thu Jul 13 01:42:23 GMT 2006

You may want to look at what Im doing in podPress.

function filter_the_posts($input) {
 $result = array();
 if(!is_array($input)) {
  return $input;
 }
 foreach($input as $value) {
  $value = $this->addPostData($value);
  if(!defined('PODPRESS_PODCASTSONLY') || !empty($value->podPressMedia)) {
   $result[] = $value;
  }
 }
 return $result;
}

If dealing with wordpress 2.x you used

add_action('the_posts', 'filter_the_posts');

for WP 1.5

add_filter('the_posts', 'filter_the_posts');

I changed the function names to make this easier to understand.
What I do is loop thru the list of posts and filter out the ones I want
to. Theres no reason you couldnt do the same thing

--
Dan Kuykendall (aka Seek3r)
http://www.mightyseek.com

In God we trust, all others we virus scan.
Programmer - an organism that turns coffee into software.