[wp-hackers] hooks on the Loop

Aaron Brazell emmensetech at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 17:01:08 GMT 2006

On 7/12/06, Mike Purvis <mike at uwmike.com> wrote:

> Once the query has run through, you can also filter the_posts to bump
> some off or manipulate the order.
>
> Mike

I guess I should stop being vague about my intents. The goal is a radical
redesign of my blog that allows user to choose three views. It's all about
architecture. Under one view (the default), the blog will be geared to the
standard reverse-chronological posting display. The second will take a
"recently commented" view which, in its intent, will display current
conversation based on comments/comment timestamps. Finally, I'll have a
reddit-style view that will allow most popular content float to the top
through votes.

Since the choice of view will be cookie-based, users will be able to have
their own choice to presentation style.

My problem is that every single one of these Loops is vastly different and
will have vastly different criteria for selection.

With that said, any advice on how to best tackle this?

Thanks,
aaron