[wp-hackers] WordPress Import/Export

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 18:42:58 GMT 2006

On 7/6/06, Dougal Campbell <dougal at gunters.org> wrote:
> I'm kind of partial to reformatting version numbers as a 4-digit 'MMmm'
> (MAJOR/minor, e.g., '0105', '0200', '0201') format. Even though it's
> unlikely that we'll be dealing with double-digit versions anytime soon,
> it's still a forward-looking way to easily compare versions.
>
> Just a thought.

I still prefer the idea of checking the db version variable, which I
know has changed in every major release so far, and will likely change
in every major release, and I'm sure if we asked, we could get it
bumped to the latest revision for each release even if there were no
DB changes (unlikely as it may be). Of course, the downside of this is
not being able to easily find bugfix releases from this, but for most,
if you need to be that specific, you might as well test the whole
version string.

--
--Robert Deaton