[wp-hackers] WordPress Import/Export

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Thu Jul 6 10:30:16 GMT 2006

On Jul 6, 2006, at 6:23 AM, Denis de Bernardy wrote:

>> Do you think there's any reason not to include the WordPress
>> import/export mechanism that is in 2.1 in the 2.0.4 core. I
>> guess the biggest thing would be that 2.0.4 is supposed to be
>> a bugfix release, not a feature release but I can make the
>> argument for a WordPress importer being necessary and
>> critical as soon as possible.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>
> it's going to be a huge mess if any bugs remain in there.

I'd vote against it going into 2.0.4.  It would be nice if 2.0.4
could be primarily focused on bugs, to make a nice stable last (or
perhaps penultimate) release in the 2.0 branch.  Things are already
being pushed off to 2.2, so 2.1 is within reach.  Plus, 2.1 is going
to break some plugins, so it'd be nice if there were a few 2.1-only
features to offset that (WP import/export, spell check, etc).

--
Mark Jaquith
http://txfx.net/