[wp-hackers] Re: phpDocumentor (was: Coding style)

Chris Lott chris.lott at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 06:52:07 GMT 2006

On 7/5/06, Rich Bowen <rbowen at rcbowen.com> wrote:
> What was said, very clearly, was that a feature was requested,
> approved by the majority of the community, and even mostly
> implemented, but was vetoed by Matt, the lead architect.

True. I think the confusion was caused by the implicitly connected
following paragraph:

Sortof reminds me of what my soccer coach used to tell us about the
best way to learn the game, playing on the streets (which is why he
claimed there were so many great Brazilian players). It went something
like: "If you want to kill a great player's creativity, stick a coach
next to him."

I'm sure the original poster knows what was meant, but I personally
wrote it off because it could easily be read at least three ways (four
if you have world cup fever). When the wp-hackers list turns to
metaphor it's likely the point will demand clarification. And we all
know what THAT leads to :)