[wp-hackers] WordPress Import/Export

Roy Schestowitz r at schestowitz.com
Wed Jul 5 15:07:55 GMT 2006

___/ On Wed 05 Jul 2006 14:52:33 BST, [ Aaron Brazell ] wrote : \___

> Hey guys,
>
> Do you think there's any reason not to include the WordPress import/export
> mechanism that is in 2.1 in the 2.0.4 core. I guess the biggest thing would
> be that 2.0.4 is supposed to be a bugfix release, not a feature release but
> I can make the argument for a WordPress importer being necessary and
> critical as soon as possible.
>
> Thoughts?

If the adjacent releases are only weeks/months apart and the
upgrade  is  trivial, I suppose there is no harm in  keeping
2.0.x as is, without risking the introduction of yet another
bug,  or  even security risks. It's always tempting  to  put
that  strawberry  on  top of the cake, but  the  cake  might
collapse. Half-cooked and releases that are feature-rich are
less appealing than a stable workhorse (or a resource pig).

Just my opinion...

Best wishes,

Roy

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |    make install -not war
  4:00pm  up 68 days 21:03,  11 users,  load average: 0.55, 0.81, 0.79