[wp-hackers] WP-Hackers Stats for June 2006

Les Bessant les at lcb.me.uk
Sat Jul 1 14:55:28 GMT 2006

<delurks>

The RFCs for SMTP specify that the case of aliases should be preserved, but
not distinguished. Or something like that. The idea is that you can specify
your sending address with any capitalisation you like, and it will be
presented that way to recipients, but it won't matter if senders get it
wrong. It's not actually case sensitive in that the wrong case won't work.

Though I did once have some fun when my company couldn't send mail to a
major client unless we put the alias IN CAPITALS. Severe mail
misconfiguration.....

Les Bessant les at lcb.me.uk
Losing it[1] - http://lcb.me.uk/