[wp-hackers] 2.0 trackback issues progress?

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 07:05:32 GMT 2006

I just tested on Mark Jaquith's server by publishing a post with two
pingbacks and two trackbacks to a server of my own. I watched the
access log as I published the post and I saw each and every pingback
and trackback get processed.

The apparent reason for the difficulties is that the testers were
pinging/trackbacking a single blog and looking for the results to
appear in comments on the targeted posts. That's not a valid test
because WordPress has flood protection. It won't let the same person
post a comment twice in a short span of time.

Test again with your trackbacks/pingbacks targeted at different blogs
and then report success or failure.

Thanks.

Andy