[wp-hackers] XSLT: Sample implementation

Scott johnson fuzzygroup at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 18:02:17 GMT 2006

For what its worth I captured screen shots of FeedBurner across PC and Mac
platforms (alas I haven't uploaded them yet).  The verdict of the testing
was (works = graphical content not raw tagged text):

url tested: http://feeds.feedburner.com/SoftwareOnlyExt

Mac
* FF 1.5 works
* Camino Current Version works
* Safari doesn't work -- it detects that its a feed and defaults to their
RSS view

PC
* IE 6 works
* FF 1.5 works
* FF 1.0 works

Linux (current ubuntu on my thinkpad)
* FF 1.0 works
* Konquerer does not work

I never got to Opera.  Anyone ever looked at Feedburner in Opera?  And while
I cringe at suggesting something that doesn't work in Konquerer, if we want
to hit volume then duplicating the implementation scheme (but not
necessarily display) of FeedBurner will do that.

On 1/30/06, David House <dmhouse at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 30/01/06, Danny Ayers <danny.ayers at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The case with RSS 2.0 is slightly different, as it doesn't have a
> > registered mime type (if I remember correctly, application/rss+xml
> > was briefly championed early on, but as the simple fork of RSS didn't
> > have a convincing spec it wasn't accepted by IANA). RSS 1.0 has
> > application/rdf+xml.
>
> Makes sense. I'd like to avoid sending Atom as text/xml if at all
> possible. As you mentioned, this is less established for RSS and
> indeed we do serve it as text/xml already.
>
> --
> -David House, dmhouse at gmail.com, http://xmouse.ithium.net

J. Scott Johnson
Ookles launches 2/28/06 - have you signed up yet?
new startup: http://ookles.com/
blog: http://fuzzyblog.com/
podcast: http://techwarstories.com/
fuzzygroup at gmail.com