[wp-hackers] Need more RSS hooks

David House dmhouse at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 17:43:10 GMT 2006

On 27/01/06, Danny Ayers <danny.ayers at gmail.com> wrote:
> Agreed, but availability of XSLT (client side) will need to be
> considered (see below).

I read it, it says that we can't have alternative stylesheets for
printing/other devices. Loud cries of 'who cares' ring around my skull
:) We don't need to use different _XSLT_ stylesheets for printing,
etc. Different _CSS_ stylesheets, but we can manage that (XSLT outputs
HTML if we want it to, which can do different media stylesheets). It's
just for the main site: different CSS is necessary, but not different
markup.

I think XSLT is the best way forward. Every browser supports it, it
plugs the usability hole brilliantly.

My comments about multiple <?xml-stylesheet ?>s were regarding
plugins: if we let plugins in here, then we might get more than one.
If we manage it in the core, so such worries.

--
-David House, dmhouse at gmail.com, http://xmouse.ithium.net