[wp-hackers] Expire the cache

Chris Meller chris at doesnthaveone.com
Thu Jan 26 20:21:23 GMT 2006

On Jan 26, 2006, at 1:48 PM, Chris Meller wrote:

> On Jan 26, 2006, at 1:41 PM, Podz wrote:
>
>> Any chance there could be a button somewhere that deletes the current
>> cache ? An increasing response in the forums is to use ftp and delete
>> the contents of the cache be it to see theme changes, because of user
>> login problems. Having a button somewhere would assist this while
>> still
>> allowing the cache to be used - and also when someone does not
>> have ftp
>> access but the cache is being problematic in some way.
>>

> Sounds like a good addition to WP. In the meantime, I'll throw
> together a plugin as soon as I finish lunch.

Plugin has been posted: http://incoherentcode.com/projects/cache-
purge-plugin/

Very rough, and I have to admit I'm not terribly good with dealing
with files through PHP, so there's plenty of room for improvement,
I'm sure. It was a pain to avoid using exec() or system(), but since
those may or may not be available, it's all done using dir commands
through PHP.

Let me know if you have any problems, or spot some place that could
be improved.

--
Chris Meller
chris at doesnthaveone.com