[wp-hackers] Incremental backup and restore

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Thu Jan 26 14:41:05 GMT 2006

Scott Merrill wrote:
<<snip>>

> In the end, I think the backup plugin is good as it is.  It's easy to
> use, and does what it was designed to do.  Restoration is a different beast.

So you burn your backup, send it to a friend, they upload and your host
runs a commandline instruction to import it.
And then you find out the character set has changed.

Like Skippy says, backup is the easy bit.

I have known people go through 1000 posts and comments simply because
character set differences have caused major problems.

P.