[wp-hackers] Forum: High query count

Dougal Campbell dougal at gunters.org
Tue Jan 24 17:52:58 GMT 2006

Jeff Minard wrote:
> Mark Jaquith wrote:
>>> BTW, Ryan, would be nice if the dashboard had in red letters "Your
>>> hosting setup doesn't support caching to disk!" -- no joke,
>>

>> +1
>>
>> It might be nice to throw up errors for other common problems such  as
>> /wp-content/ not being writable.
>
> +1 (as long as...)
>
> Make sure the errors have links to the wiki or something that contains
> solutions to the errors -- don't leave them hanging with a big red error
> and no idea what to do about "caching" or "chmod".

I don't know if I'd want this in my face in the Dashboard all the time.
It should be *somewhere*, but out of the way. After all, what's the
point of constantly seeing a warning about safe_mode, if there's no way
for you to get your host to change it? But it would certainly be useful
to have some sort of friendly explanations during the install/upgrade
process.

This is probably a WP2.1 kind of thing.

--
Dougal Campbell <dougal at gunters.org>