[wp-hackers] Re: RSS Decisions

Chris Lott chris.lott at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 04:06:50 GMT 2006

On 1/17/06, Danny Ayers <danny.ayers at gmail.com> wrote:
> > There are literally dozens, probably hundreds of formats that some
> > group of people would like to have available for purposes of data
> > mining and app construction and who knows what. Should they all be
> > enabled out of the box or should it be up to a site owner to make a
> > choice about what data they are publishing?
>
> There is a slight difference between adding "dozens, probably hundreds
> of formats" and to removing one that is currently live.

True... I am just trying to get at the need to have some kind of clear
criteria for selection if choices like this are to be made in a
reasonable way. Otherwise it's just I want, I don't want. Of course,
if it DOES all come down to what Matt/Ryan want irregardless of
discussion here (I'm too new to the community to comment on that),
then it's all academic.

I do think that the discussion needs to go beyond aggregators and
human-initiated and controlled feed access, as I think you and Phil
are both trying to take it :)