[wp-hackers] Ditch RDF and RSS 0.92

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Mon Jan 16 03:08:28 GMT 2006

Graeme Lennon wrote:
> What about having 0.92/RDF redirected to RSS2, but if that has happened
> have the feed add a small post first in the feed, notifying users that
> the feed address they have subscribed to is deprecated?

My point is that if a request is made for RDF that doesn't exist and we
let it 404, that's *good* because it will appear in server logs as a 404
(with more potential to alert the admin) as opposed to the 200 that a
redirect to RSS2 would elicit.  And since whatever specifically
requested RDF likely *needs* RDF, anything but exactly RDF - warning
post at the top or not - isn't going to parse anyway.

One interesting metric to have would be the number of users/sites that
*require* RDF to function.

Bloglet, when set to use a feed, only works with WordPress' RDF feed
even though there is probably some other way I could hook it up.  And
that's the only thing I know of that must consume RDF and can't consume
RSS2.

Anyone else have an app that uses RDF exclusively?  Or know how we can
find out how many people are actually using RDF?

Owen