[wp-hackers] Ditch RDF and RSS 0.92

Sam Angove sam at rephrase.net
Sun Jan 15 16:49:57 GMT 2006

On 1/15/06, David House <dmhouse at gmail.com> wrote:

> We could redirect both to wp-rss2.php. I'd much rather have two
> obsolete redirects hanging around than two obsolete files hanging
> around that have to keep being updated every time we make a relevant
> API change.

If that's a real problem, I'd be more inclined to blame it on the API
being too unstable. *Is* it a real problem? The code's better now than
it used to be, and hopefully there'll be less changes needed between
versions now that things are abstracted more. wp-rdf.php (e.g.) was
only changed 8 times in the last year, and not once since September.
It isn't requiring constant attention.

It's hard to say how many people the removal would affect, or how
badly, but it doesn't seem like a big deal to keep the files around.
(I realize I'm not the one maintaining them -- please correct me if
I'm wrong.) I don't think it's worth doing an unknown amount of damage
for no particular reason.