[wp-hackers] Nasty get_option()/get_settings() bug

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Wed Jan 11 19:50:20 GMT 2006

Andy Skelton wrote:
> I was thinking we should serialize ALL options (so we can store
> booleans) and stop relying on get_* functions to tell us that an
> option doesn't exist. It would be a cinch to write a function
> option_exists() and start serializing all options.

I think a good principle we might be falling away from is that WP has
always been easy to hack and integrate with other systems by talking
directly to the DB using simple SQL. Just something to keep in mind when
making decisions like these.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://pingomatic.com | http://akismet.com