[wp-hackers] hook availability

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Mon Jan 9 06:18:56 GMT 2006

On 1/8/06, Andy Skelton <skeltoac at gmail.com> wrote:
> There are already
> some hooks that only exist if the theme author was keen enough to use
> them, such as wp-head and wp-footer. We saw a significant fraction of
> themes missing these hooks since 1.5 and we'll see more.
>
> There is also the remote possibility that another plugin purposefully
> interferes with any given hook by removing all actions/filters from
> it, rendering that hook useless. Remote, but not inconceivable.

Any sort of has_hook() function would be more for finding out what
CORE hooks are available.  Yeah, people can put a function in a hook
that doesn't return, or do something else to interfere with hook
operation, but that's the risk you take when installing untested
plugins.

On Jan 8, 2006, at 5:21 PM, David House wrote:
> http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1579
>
> I'd like to see this committed, although it's probably not up to date.
> Mark Jaquith, this is your baby, can this be updated to 2.0?

Yes, I could update the patch to reflect WordPress 2.0, but it might
be good to get some sort of indication that this is going to be
considered for commit, before I do so.

Until then, I've updated http://wphooks.flatearth.org/ to show all
the new 2.0 hooks, which are also in their own category.

--
Mark Jaquith
http://txfx.net/