[wp-hackers] Freezing $now to increase query cache benefit

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Fri Jan 6 05:30:51 GMT 2006

The only thing that worries me about this is that plugins might be
acting on future-published posts by looking for post_status =
'draft' ... I can't name any off the top of my head, but it's a
possibility.  Otherwise, post_status = 'future' would be great... we
could just drop the post_date_gmt <= '$now' part altogether.  This
would even make the first (non-cached) MySQL query faster!  AFAIK,
that thing is a part of pretty much every post query, so a LOT more
queries become cacheable when you do away with it.

--
Mark Jaquith
http://txfx.net/