[wp-hackers] User Feedback and Testing

David House dmhouse at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 18:44:01 GMT 2006

On 03/01/06, Elliotte Harold <elharo at metalab.unc.edu> wrote:
> This keeps getting mixed up with searching for and finding bugs. This
> isn't about that. Allow me to summarize. There are two separate issues
> here, both of which need to be addressed:

Yeah, where has all this talk about usability come in from? IMO this
has always been about finding bugs, and what Robert suggested is good.
It's been touched on that unit testing won't work for WordPress,
because we don't do test-driven development, and so writing unit tests
is a hard, long, boring process. What Robert suggested is probably the
best way to move WordPress QA forward, is there any chance of getting
this implemented?

As for usability, we don't need a centralised usability-bugs-finding
service. If you want to do a usability report (we've had one in the
past [1]), go ahead.

[1]: http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-hackers/2005-April/000602.html

--
-David House, dmhouse at gmail.com, http://xmouse.ithium.net