[wp-hackers] $cache_categories

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Tue Jan 3 23:19:19 GMT 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-03 at 15:11 -0500, Austin Matzko wrote:
> On 1/3/06, Kaf Oseo <kaf at szub.net> wrote:
> > I'm pulling category data from
> > the wp_object_cache object available through $GLOBALS* now:
> >
> > $GLOBALS['wp_object_cache']->cache['category'][$cat]
>
> Thanks, Kaf.  That's exactly what I needed to know.

Please don't do this.  If someone is using a replacement cache, this
won't work.  Plus, these are the sort of things that make plugins so
fragile to core changes.  If we need to add API, let's add API instead
of digging in the guts of WP.

What method was being used in 1.5 that is no longer working?  Can you
not use get_queried_object_id() or get_query_var('cat')?

Ryan