[wp-hackers] Autosave

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 07:09:52 GMT 2006

On 1/2/06, Robert Deaton <false.hopes at gmail.com> wrote:
> quite fair, they're a desktop app). Instead of having some sort of
> message that we detected an autosaved post, stick it as a draft, put
> it up in the drafts area, and leave it be. Users will be able to see
> that their post is there when they return, and the autosave feature
> becomes useful for not only emergency saving.

I considered this but it runs up against the issue of the needlessly
autoincremented post ID. Plenty of people rally against this effect
whenever it occurs.

Gmail's draft system is very nice but to do the same in WP would be to
insert a row in wp_posts every time, not something I would do without
user initiative.

Andy