[wp-hackers] Wordpress 1.5 downloads

Aaron Brazell aaron at technosailor.com
Sun Jan 1 20:50:22 GMT 2006

> > It only needs to be a two-step process the first time. You expand the
> > Categories menu, select the category, write the post. The next time, as
> > long as you don't minimize the categories menu, it is still expanded
> > and categories are immediately accessible. What's the problem?
>
> As long as you use that computer.  Switch to a different PC, and you're
> back to clicking.
>
> Don't pontificate on what's not a problem for you.  If it's a problem
> for someone else, then we should not minimize the complaint just because
> we don't agree with it.

I certainly am not minimizing the complaint.  You make a valid point and something that can certainly be fixed by a plugin.  And I'm certainly not saying that it SHOULD be hidden behind AJAX menus but in 2.0, it is.  Perhaps in the future it will not.  So then the question is how to fix it for this release? And that's where plugins come in to play, no?

So are you agreeing with me or disagreeing?  I'm echoing what Ryan said 3 days ago (http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-testers/2005-December/001659.html)... We need to do a better job of bringing in testers.  I'm also echoing the sentiments of people like Podz and Moshu who inevitably will have to support pre-release versions if people are just going and haphazardly downloading pre-release version simply because they are the newest and not understanding that they are not stable.  I agree we need more testing but I think it would have to be done in somewhat of a controlled way... Do you agree or disagree?