[wp-hackers] Wordpress 1.5 downloads

Roy Schestowitz r at schestowitz.com
Sun Jan 1 15:26:45 GMT 2006

_____/ On Sun 01 Jan 2006 10:29:08 GMT, [Podz] wrote : \_____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> Having said that, what about exploits in older versions?
>
> Do you know something the rest of do not ?
> I have asked several times if 1.5.2 is secure, and each time I have
> been assured that it is. If is not, say so clearly.
> Please do not make things up in an effort to force people to move to 2.0

I was referring to older versions of WordPress, which exist in this direc-
tory.  With lower specifications,  lighter versions are sometimes  sought.
Think  of the "because newer is not always better" slogan. Sometimes  it's
hardware suitability or dependencies issues instead.

If  someone  decided to download version 1.2, for instance, I  thought  it
would be sensible to give some sort of caution or disclaimer. That's all I
meant to say, but you misinterpreted it.

Best wishes,

Roy