[wp-hackers] Wordpress 1.5 downloads

David House dmhouse at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 13:37:28 GMT 2006

On 01/01/06, Elliotte Harold <elharo at metalab.unc.edu> wrote:
> The sensible policy is that one continues to make security and bug fixes
> in the stable branch, even if one does not add new features to that.
> Apache is still supporting 1.3, for instance; and many large sites like
> IBiblio prefer it. If that's not planned for WordPress by the current
> maintainers, then perhaps it might be time for those who, like myself,
> prefer 1.5, to consider a 1.5 fork version.

We'll make security fixes if they come up, of course. We still have a
1.5 branch in our SVN repository,
http://trac.wordpress.org/browser/branches/1.5.

Of course, that's not the real issue. No-one should prefer 1.5 to 2.0.
If you have issues, list them and we'll fix them. I guess if we can't
persuade you that 2.0 is better, that's cool, but the whole point of
continuing development is to make something better. Theoretically, 2.0
is a few months worth of improvements to 1.5.2. (Naturally, it's not
your fault if you prefer 1.5.2, that's not what I'm implying, I'm
saying it's probably our fault)

--
-David House, dmhouse at gmail.com, http://xmouse.ithium.net