[wp-hackers] Wordpress 1.5 downloads

Roy Schestowitz r at schestowitz.com
Sun Jan 1 04:33:28 GMT 2006

_____/ On Sun 01 Jan 2006 04:21:49 GMT, [Elliotte Harold] wrote : \_____

> OK. After playing with WP 2.0 for a day, it felt like a significant
> downgrade from 1.5. There's some cool stuff, but a lot of basic
> functionality like decent sized editing boxes has been hidden behind
> flashy features. So I went looking for 1.5 again.
>
> Umm, where is it? There seem to be no downloads on the WP site except
> 2.0. Surely the old versions haven't just vanished from the Web yet,
> have they? I'm sure there's an archive directory somewhere, but
> perhaps some nice person could point me at it, and perhaps someone
> might want to make it a little more clearly linked from the Downloads
> page?

http://static.wordpress.org/archive/

Considering Robert's downgrade script, previous versions ought to be
made quick
to discover. Having said that, what about exploits in older versions? A "drink
you own poision" policy? Perhaps the 'risk factor' can be indicated e.g. by
putting them apart in a subdirectory?

Roy

PS - There is a nightlies collector lurking about. Additionally, sites like
oldversion.com/Web Archive might always make older versions available. There's
no escape.