[wp-hackers] Form injection and gzipping

Eric A. Meyer eric at meyerweb.com
Wed Feb 22 18:48:10 GMT 2006

At 6:31 PM +0000 2/22/06, David House wrote:
>On 22/02/06, Eric A. Meyer <eric at meyerweb.com> wrote:
>>      So what I'm wondering is if this fixed in WP2, or if there's a way
>>  I could alter the order of regexing and zipping for WP1.5 and up.
>
>Why on earth are you using regexes to insert something into WP pages?
>Can't you use a filter like comment_form?

    I'm going to assume that you read the Gatekeeper page and
understand why I'm trying to insert something into the form, and that
I'm trying to do so in a specific place.
    I use regexes because I couldn't find another way to do what I
wanted to do; none of the hooks I studied (and there were a lot) did
the right thing.  If there is a better way, I'm certainly open to
using it.  I'll likely need some hand-holding to get started on that
better path, though.

--
Eric A. Meyer  (eric at meyerweb.com)
Principal, Complex Spiral Consulting   http://complexspiral.com/