[wp-hackers] Inline documentation

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 00:20:12 GMT 2006

On 2/20/06, Matt Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com> wrote:
> David House wrote:
> > As Matt has expressed his distaste for comments before really short
> > functions, here's a more complicated example for list_cats()
> > (attached).
>
> What you attached looks like a complicated and less readable version of
> this:
>
> http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Tags/list_cats
>
> Maybe we should just have a link to a Codex page for each complicated
> function? That has the side effect of being printable and googleable. It
> can also be updated by anyone, and include rich examples and/or screenshots.

-1, the codex is far too unreliable as far as I'm concerned, half the
time its timing out, nowadays its been giving random 500 errors, the
rest of the time its terribly slow. On being less readable, I think it
has the advantage of being easier to read than shifting through all
kinds of useless stuff for developers that's located on the codex,
since it is geared more toward the end users than those developing the
source.

--
--Robert Deaton
http://somethingunpredictable.com